Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Amelia Goes to Honduras

In January, I will be embarking upon a 13 month adventure in Honduras, Central America.

I have accepted a volunteer position with Nuestros Pequenos Hermanos ("Our little brothers and sisters") located outside of Honduras' capital Tegucigalpa. Nuestros Pequenos Hermanos, or NPH, is a home for orphaned or abandoned children. Over 15,000 children have grown up in the NPH family, which now operates homes in 8 countries in Central America and the Carribbean. My position, Resource Teacher, will allow me to work one on one with children who have special needs and are struggling in the classroom.

This position is unpaid and I must pay for my transportation to and from Honduras, health insurance, immunizations, and other preparatory medical care. My estimate for these costs is $2000.

If you can help me raise this money, please click on the "Make a Donation" button below. Even a couple bucks helps!

Stay tuned to this site for updates during my time in Honduras. You will be able to see your donations at work.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click here to support Amelia's volunteer work