Thursday, October 21, 2004

Amelia Buys a Plane Ticket

Well, it's for real.

Hannah (my sister--she's going too!) and I bought our plane tickets yesterday. It was an exciting moment. We used Hotwire so the tickets are unrefundable. That makes it seem even more real. Unrefundable, one-way tickets. We are going to Honduras, people.

But . . . my spanish is awful. I don't have enough money. I am scared about being away from home for 13 months. How the heck am I going to pack stuff for over a year into 3 pieces of luggage that I have to lug around Honduras? What if Hondurans don't like me? What if they don't have spray-in hair conditioner in Honduras?

The doubts and questions have been poking at me amidst my exhilaration. I can't get away from them--they are as real as my non-refundable plane ticket.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

asdf. but you're still here.
-- raj

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click here to support Amelia's volunteer work